Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

What does your HyperSpin user name mean?

gigapig

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gothicplsur = Well Let's See, "Goth" Came From When I Used To DJ For A Local Radio Station I Always Wore Black, When I Got Hired On I Had A Mohawk (shaved head on the sides) So The Other DJs Picked The Name For Me As My "Radio Name". On Fridays and certain nights I would be at the local nightclubs hosting "hot body" contests, wet T-shirt contests, and promoting the radio station. When you're in radio, you're kind of like a local celebrity and I got to be very well known on the local club scene and well when you're on the radio women throw themselves at you (tough job I know) and the girls coined the phrase give me some of that "Gothic Pleasure" therefore it was set in stone. Hey, You asked. LoL

I saw a documentary about raccoon´s for a little more than 20 years ago and thought they were cool animals and have used that as my alias since then.

It´s often taken already but then I just add 68 at the end as that´s my year of birth.

jviegas:

j = first letter of my first name

viegas = my last name

Just like that

Good to see a Portuguese here, my grandfather came from there and I loved him, even not knowing him that much, he passed away when I was a kid, I'll certainly visit his birth place "Vilarelhos" soon.

Nice and simple, my little lad is named Connor :)

True Story: I was at the dentist with my little boy about six months ago and a DAD had a shirt on that said "Connor's Dad" across the back. I asked him if he was the guy from hyperspin site. He looked at me like I was crazy....... It wasn't you.

-craig

• 4 weeks later...

My username is part of my company's name.

Janeco Digi-rec, it is a recording studio and sound reinforcement / media production company.

I realized soon that Janecorec really wasn't the best name since everybody on forums started calling me Jane and thinking I'm a woman :D

But it kind of stuck and I'm still using it.

My name come from a manga "RG Veda" by clamp. There is the first good manga story i have read after Akira when i was a kid.

Ashura-O was a banished king on the japanese prophecy. And he was the god of madness and destruction.

The X letter was placed, so that no one is the same name as me. But it is missed! (ashurax mameplus build)

See you

Ash

Alright. Here are the rankings, subject to community review.

Honorable Mentions:

Baddeolv- for making me pronounce what is clearly not "baddie love" as "baddie love" in my head for years.

Floatingyeti- for the 10guy moment

Connorsdad- because "awwwww" and also on behalf of parents who bestow appreciation for video games on their kids

Top 3

Number 3: Styphelus - because Ovid

Number 2: DamnedRegistrations - because best picture/username combo

And the award for best user name goes to........

ZERO DREAMS for best aesthetic AND best back story. :party:

Archived