Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

What does your HyperSpin user name mean?

gigapig

I know it's been asked before, but what does your user name mean, come from? Is it taken from a crazy scary game, your favourite band, what your ex girlfriend called your bollocks?

There's plenty of fresh fish to get a good thread going, so lets here it, spill zee beans, even if you screwed up on sign up and ended up being called Wanker instead of Yanker or Qanker, wtf.

Mine's pretty simple, Giga comes from Gigabyte, which once was quite big in terms of size, add the pig and you get a big pig, which at the time assumed me slightly.

I look forward to hearing from you all. :)

:cheers:

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive always been Hazzard01 or HazzardActual. Ive been using 01 since i was 12. I was playing armored core with a buddy of mine all the time and we needed pilot names. I misspelled hazard because i was an idiot child and the 01 came from me having many different AC configs. I think i had like 12 different ones set up. so naturally the first one was Hazzard01. I had never seen dukes of hazzard, didnt even know the general was numbered 01, all of it was pure coincidence. When I was 23 someone online asked me if i like the dukes of hazzard and i had no idea what he was talking about. Lol, soon after that i went with the Actual. HazzardActual means you are talking to the head of the Hazzard squad. In other strat games when i have multiple squads ill name them Hazzard1-1 or Hazzard 2-1 etc etc. I cant wait to hear about other gamertag histories.

I really shouldn't have chosen this name, it's pretty self explanatory. I actually registered with it on the basis that I was just going to sign up in order to download the necessary stuff for HS and be gone. Same goes for Emumovies. Then I got sucked in and now I'm serving a sentence doing wheel, video and box labor :P

Really need to change this dumb username to what I normally use online because this is the only forum I use it on. I wonder if that'd be possible.

I really shouldn't have chosen this name, it's pretty self explanatory. I actually registered with it on the basis that I was just going to sign up in order to download the necessary stuff for HS and be gone. Same goes for Emumovies. Then I got sucked in and now I'm serving a sentence doing wheel, video and box labor :P

Really need to change this dumb username to what I normally use online because this is the only forum I use it on. I wonder if that'd be possible.

Join Hunk. http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?38168-Can-I-make-a-request-to-change-my-name-on-here&p=357095#post357095

Agrajag is a character in The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy who is continually reincarnated after being accidentally killed by Arthur Dent on several occasions. The avatar is taken from the comic adaptation, and is him in his final, terrible incarnation - known as his revenge body - trying to kill Arthur and put an end to it.

I use it on several game related sites (and Steam) because I'm a huge Hitchhiker's fan and I thought it was an obscure enough character to not have been used by anyone else. Unfortunately, I've just tried to register on the BYOAC forum after being a long time lurker, and found someone else has beaten me to it! Now what do I do??? :(

lol @ craiganderson. Get a pet and name it that. It's hilarious when pets have last names.

DamnedRegistrations - Don't change it! I've always thought yours was cool. When I see it, inwardly I affirm, "UH-Huh!". I'm mostly thinking about restricted usernames and passwords that are the bane of human existence.

Mine signifies a trap door hanging down from a tree fort. Suspended Hatch. Had a tree house growing up. Initially I mostly used it in car forums and some people have thought it means an impounded hatchback or suspended license. Coincidentally, most of my cars have been hatchbacks.

My avatar photo is a scan of a polaroid of my son pondering the device that consumed so much of my attention. He would grow up to be quite the Call of Duty master. Quick reflexes and solid concentration in that one.

I like symbolism and multilevel communication, when things does not have a single meaning.

"Dark" stays for "Darkseed", a weird point and click game but also a subtle allusion to baudelair's "le fluers du mal".

The number 13, again, has multiple interpretation. It is a "magic" number but also a reminder for "friday 13" movie series. Moreover the 13 is considered "unlucky" in USA while the 17 is generally considered a "lucky" number; here in europe it is the contrary (this is why hotels usually do not have room 13 or room 17) :D Moreover in italy sometimes we say "You've done thirteen" to say "you've been really lucky" (it is related to a betting game called "totocalcio" where you have to guess the result of 13 soccer matches).

Jumpstile is a name I made up during a drunken romp through the New York City subway system. Short for Jumpstile Turner (in drunkenese - Turnstile Jumper). On every post, I shorten it to - J* because I'm too lazy to type Jumpstile, and the * being a wildcard, it fits. :beerglass:

- J*

Random name from my days on IRC. Somebody else had it and I guess the name stuck in the back of my head for a long time. One day I went to sign up for a forum and remembered the name, and went with it. Ever since it's been my username for various gaming sites and consoles.

Archived