Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

46" / 30" / 19" widebody cabinet

chriz99

holly!. what are the wires for

the single red wire is for pwm shaker and the 4 colored wires to strengthen the current to the 4 driver chips (not really necessary I think).

Is the bridge board for sale yet ? Ordererd from Wolfsoft the shakermotor ,maybee he can send the board with this order. Unfortunately Klaus doesn't respond mails... probably too bussy inventing new stuff for all cabinetfreeks :-)

I think they are in stock soon... I got the prototype for testing. drop him an e-mail directly to [email protected]

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Following as best i can to this massive thread, in the pre planning stages of a full sized widebody, as i'm building a mini pin cab as a proof of concept. for driving all the contactors/leds i see that the pacDrive and the LedWiz seem to be mentioned, is there a need for both or do you just pick which you want to work with. is it essentially doing the same thing or do they have their own seperate use inside your cab Chris

thats a good idea, barry! I could wire them parallel to the knocker.

preparing the script for multiple timer/color outputs, could be a real time saver... hope it will work well

2011-01-19%2018h05_55.png.jpg

Hi Chris,

Yesterday got my led-wiz in the mail and been reading up on some things. Problem i see is the possibility for sharing configs.

Would it be possible to make a 'default' template of the connections ?

As an example:

1-3 front lamps

4-5 flippers

6-7 slingshots

8-11 bumpers

12 shaker

13 gears

14 replay knocker

15 flasher/strobo effect

16-18 rgb1

19-21 rgb2

22-24 rgb3

25-27 rgb4

28-30 rgb5

When we all agree on a default template all table config's could be shared as a default template and a small tool would convert it to your own personal table config. Then there would only be one table .ini file.

Then as a second step we could make a convertion tool that would take this table config to your personal config. I think i could write something like that in php/mysql and make it available to everyone.

Off course the timer events must be in there :)

What do you think ?

Edit: here's a quick non-working example: http://www.pixelmagic.nl/ledwiz/

You can drag and drop the items on the right.

With the 'default' system you would not have to change anything, and if you do, you could still use the same system as others.

as long as there is one common template out there, we each could have an excel file to convert from that common template to our configuration. this template could match someone configuration, or could be completely independent of anybody's config.

as long as there is one common template out there, we each could have an excel file to convert from that common template to our configuration. this template could match someone configuration, or could be completely independent of anybody's config.

I think a common configuration template is a good idea, I think one thing that should drive how it is defined is what voltage people run on different LEDWIZ banks. Or at least consider keeping like devices on the same bank so that different voltages are an option. For example I wouldn't want to see an RGB flasher on port 16,17,18, it would make more sense to me to be on 17,18,19 to be on the same bank.

Are a lot of people running their flasher LEDs on a lower voltage for example, or does everyone just use 12 volts across the board which means for larger resistors.

For my setup I run 12 V to the first 1-16 banks on the LEDWIZ, and then use banks 17-32 for the LED flashers where I just run 3.3 V so can get away with really small resistors.

With the 'default' system, I would need to change everything. :)

I would need to re-wire my cab in places as the wires are trimmed to length. I would have to retest everything. I would have to reconfigure my tables. :)

If it happens, I would probably do it. Until then, not doing anything... :D

I would need to re-wire my cab in places as the wires are trimmed to length. I would have to retest everything. I would have to reconfigure my tables. :)

No need to rewire anything. It is easy to create an excell file to convert. It is not going to match exactly, but it is very easy to adopt.

The whole idea behind a default system is that no-one have to rewire, all the default table lines are the same, you take that line, insert it in the webtool, choose your own config and download your own specifiek file for it.

The way things are now, when our Leader (no pun intended Chris !!:P) changes his config to a new gadget chances are that any table after that would not work for someone with less toys.

I am only thinking along the line, when there are +154 tables with ledwiz config, it would be nice if anyone could use the same config to his/hers own cabinet config. If possible in a central place.

@ Granter: good thinking about the power banks !

Yeah this would be a good idea to have a defalt template to start of with and the change to your setup, as well all have different setups. For example i only have 4 cree's, a shaker, and 7 contactors, i dont think anyone else has that setup.

Regarding the below diagram, i will be using the contactos from inputs 25-32, so ill attach the positive wire from my 12v psu to the 25-32 voltage bank on the led-wiz, but ill be connecting my cree's from inputs 9-24, so does that mean i need to run aother 2 positive wires from my PSU to the 9-16 & 17-24 voltage bank inputs on the ledwiz?

diagram_rewired.jpg

I think a lot of us agree on the default system, but i would like to hear something from Chris if possible ?

He is one of the master brains behind this and could give good tips and feedback.

If he agree's we should make a separate topic and discus the needed options.

@ RockerNJ, thanks, may need help on the development, hosting is covered ;)

I think a lot of us agree on the default system, but i would like to hear something from Chris if possible ?

He is one of the master brains behind this and could give good tips and feedback.

If he agree's we should make a separate topic and discus the needed options.

@ RockerNJ, thanks, may need help on the development, hosting is covered ;)

hey erwin, good idea with the config-tool... let's open a seperate topic :beer:

Chris99 could you post your afm config here , the version with 5 leds ? So i can compare with your first version and change all others. ( not the one with timers because not working yet ). At this moment i've only installed 5 cree rgbw leds, same ledwiz connections as yours.

I also have next problem : on port 8 is the replay knocker , not installed here,so the value on position 8 = '0'. But last i was playing and rewarded with a replay in ball 3 , the program ended with error:

Line: 0

Subscript out of range: 'OutsPD' replayknocker

Any ideas ?

Archived