Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Mame 0.153

Min2001

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello friends just finished getting the 40gb .153 from PD is it as simple as overwritting my existing roms directory ?

Also with the update packs.... the same things applies right... just overwrite and it should update the old and keep the new ?

Just making sure this process is correct... cheers.

Hello friends just finished getting the 40gb .153 from PD is it as simple as overwritting my existing roms directory ?

Also with the update packs.... the same things applies right... just overwrite and it should update the old and keep the new ?

Just making sure this process is correct... cheers.

Yep you could do that or download them straight into your Mame> Roms folder. Utorrent will check whats in there and only download what is different or missing. Same with the update packs.

Yep you could do that or download them straight into your Mame> Roms folder. Utorrent will check whats in there and only download what is different or missing. Same with the update packs.

Although this is the easy way it is also the lazy way :D

Running them through clrmamepro deletes all the unneeded files.

Hey Guys I have another question it maybe a silly question. But with clrmamepro can you also check other rom sets? Let's say the neo geo cd rom set. I got a dat file from PD and I wanna make sure my set matches up with the hyperspin ready set on PD.

I never got to wrap my mind around clrmamepro, it just isn't how my mind works, I use instead romcenter. Does it make any difference, am I missing something?

I wanted to ask, now with MAME 0.153 released, do you think Mame Plus 0.153 is around the corner? I'm converting all my romset to that version, doing work in advance.

I have tried getting into MAME for a while but i can't figure out how to get it work, with the 40gb release i can run some games but with the other releases including the CHD's i think i only mess it up

Is there some kind of turtorial with step by step and picture guide how to get it right with all the releases?

Thanks in advance

tried this but now i have double file names must be doing something wrong same named zip files but have different sizes is there a setting in utorrent ? also ran clrm

http://easyemu.mameworld.info/clrmameguide/clrmame-guide.html

The above guide should give you an idea how to use the program, but it also helps to read the guidance in the new release threads on Pleasuredome.

The main steps to update MAME from 0.152 to 0.153 (torrentzipped-split set) are as follows (assuming you have read the guide, I'm just giving an overview):

1 - download the Update 0.152 to 0.153 torrent

2 - download the 0.153 DAT file and load it into clrmamepro

3 - set the ROM-Path as the folder containing your full 0.152 set (of which you have a backup, don't you? If not, make one before proceeding!)

4 - set the Add-Path as the folder containing the update pack

5 - Scan and fix

6 - Rebuild, using the Add-Path as the source

7 - you may need to repeat 5 & 6 a few times, using the Backup path as necessary, until you get a complete set

8 - torrentzip the resulting folder full of files

9 - download the 0.153 torrent file, load it into your torrent client and point it at your newly made 0.153 set, making sure to untick the option to start the download automatically

10 - do a Force Recheck and see how close you get to 100%, as it's not always perfect, then start the torrent to download the rest (if applicable) and start seeding.

I have tried getting into MAME for a while but i can't figure out how to get it work, with the 40gb release i can run some games but with the other releases including the CHD's i think i only mess it up

Is there some kind of turtorial with step by step and picture guide how to get it right with all the releases?

Thanks in advance

Are you asking for a guide for CLRMamepro or setting Mame up for Hyperlaunch/Hyperspin?

I wanted to ask, now with MAME 0.153 released, do you think Mame Plus 0.153 is around the corner? I'm converting all my romset to that version, doing work in advance.

Also curious to know how to disable Joystick on GUI in M+GUI. I can do it in Mame Plus through Interface Options but no clue on M+GUI.

And I want to ask, how do you configure default joystick buttons? I configured the default.cfg file inside the cfg folder with my mappings, but everytime MAME crashes (quite often) the content of the file is just removed and I lose all my keymaps. I read you are not supposed to write anything onto that file, but then how do you do it?

Archived