Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Big Bang Pin - 46/30/15.6 LED Widebody (custom artwork, bezel less, deep playfield)

chriz99

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Welcome back my fellow Dutchman !

It could help on some newer CPU boards, but you are better of using the new config without PWM from the LEDwiz site (topic found here).

Or just start over with the new alternative being developed at the moment, you can find more info over here.

Nice to see you back njay !

Dam ive been out also.

thats a lot of options!

Hello Chris, glad to see you're still adding to this project. I'm still marvelling at all the little upgrade ideas you have! The collage photo in the previous page is awesome...

My project on the other hand is moving at a snail's pace due to other commitments taking priority... I'm currently wiring up the lightshow, solenoids and shaker and am aiming to get them in place before Christmas.

I'm using an LEDWiz configuration close to 'chris2' on Pixelmagics webtool, not sure if this is you? Anyway I was wondering if you could give me a quick hand on your fuse setup. I'm going for the 500ma fuses on the individual LEDWiz outputs, then a 5A between my PSU and the LEDWiz. I was just wondering how you've fused up your shaker and knocker, individually with a 10A fuse?

Also, have you connected all of of your power inlets on the LEDWiz?

Cheers dude :)

thanks guys! :beer:

"chris2" is my config @ pixels webtool. I am using 32x 500mA fuses for each ledwiz outpur and a 8A fuse for the PSU. Knocker and Shaker without additional fuse.

all ports on ledwiz uses 12vdc, besides the knocker (27vdc). knocker uses a 12vdc relay which powers a 24/27vdc psu.

Chris,

May I ask a wiring question?

I assume the three connections from the ledwiz RGB port for the flipper RGB run to the In1, In2 and In3 inputs on the stand up pins with a GND and 12V on VCC?

Then each of the RGB three cables from the LEDS run to one of the relays with a 12V to the centre terminal of each relay?

When ledwiz switch the output on, you get a choice of eight colours (well black is a colour :embarassed: ) depending on which of the three outputs it enables?

You may have notice I am not hot on electronics :P

Love the effect though!

Found a hong kong vendor with the same board may take a gamble and order one while i wait for my ledwiz to arrive.

cheers

shifters

Chris,

I went with the same motherboard as you but once I had both video cards in I noticed the sound card installed in the PCI slot blocks the fan of my second video card. Not completely, but blocks it >50%. Does your sound card block your video card fan intake?

I was wondering if I went with a PCIe sound card in the first slot, if that would reduce my PCI lanes for the video cards or would that be a viable solution rather than using a PCI sound card in the last slot?

Great work by the way...

BH

my gtx260 has a 2 fan design, so it's no big problem with a pci soundcard (1 fan is still free). if you go with a pci-e soundcard, be sure it has an own, dedicated sound cpu (otherwise you can use your onboard sound, since a cheapo soundcard makes no sense).

i don't think it affects your gpu pci-e lanes.

Agreed - awesome!

Just ordered an Arduino and thinking of controlling a set on the bottom and the back of the cab with two of the relay boards (or one of PMI's boards)!

As my machine is in a dark corner, i should get some nice light bounce off the wall and floor :D

cheers

Shifters

thanks guys! :beer:

"chris2" is my config @ pixels webtool. I am using 32x 500mA fuses for each ledwiz outpur and a 8A fuse for the PSU. Knocker and Shaker without additional fuse.

all ports on ledwiz uses 12vdc, besides the knocker (27vdc). knocker uses a 12vdc relay which powers a 24/27vdc psu.

Cheers for this information Chris!! You're a great help :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chris,

Getting ready to start my build again and had a few questions. How far into the cab does the flipper / leaf / led go? Where did you get the led holders? What flipper buttons are you using? How long is the shaft? Where can those LED boards be purchased?

Thanks,

-Ron

Archived