Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Big Bang Pin - 46/30/15.6 LED Widebody (custom artwork, bezel less, deep playfield)

chriz99

Based on your setup and current number of toys how any driver boards and multiplex pcbs are you thinking of adding?

not much for my current project (which is nearly finished)... more for some future projects.

Chriz,

How much space roughly is in between your backbox lcd and the glass?

Thanks,

-Ron

about 2-3 cm

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply
here is an "easy diagram" for T6 strobe wiring, maybe we can use it for pinball101

2011-08-24%25252014h33_28.png

Hi Chris

I know you've covered this many times before, but, just one more time for the dummy... I just wanted to understand your setup a little more.

From what I understand for your strobe LEDs your running:

4 cree xm-l 1000lumen coldwhite top of backbox

2 cree xm-l 1000lumen coldwhite underside of cabinet

2 mini car led strobe

You have grouped the crees into 3s(series) and have each group wired in parallel together with the car leds.

Are you running a constant power relay for each cree group (2)? Are you using a single opto relay for the strobe setup?

Theo

I use 2 cree groups and 2 constant current boards (each group has 3 cree) - so I can drive both groups via 12vdc -plus- the 12vdc mini car led strobes (simply wired parallel on the single opto relay).

you can also use 1 group (and just 1 constant power board) for all 6 cree's via 24vdc, but then you are near maximum load for the constant current board.

• 4 weeks later...

had some siemens contactors as spare parts here --> double action for my flippers :D

did some tests before via ledwiz software... simply configured flipper and slingshot on some tables together - and I loved it. the extra "punch" on the flipperbuttons is awesome.

Now it's hardware dedicated :viking: with no more config pain.

DSC04110%2520%2528Gro%25C3%259F%2529.JPG

I will drive both contactor via opto-relays, so the ledwiz stays cool...

Hello Chris,

am just wiring up my cabinet strobe array using your method, and I was hoping you could check out my wiring as there is something slighly different on my opto-coupler...

Basically, the A1 and A2 terminals are the other way round. So I just wanted to check that A1+ is for the supply (which also goes to 13+), and A2- connects to the LEDWiz output?

Cheers for your help mate! :)

6926491491_20b689c9e7.jpg

if you drive your strobe and ledwiz with 12vdc, the wiring is ok:

A1+ to 12vdc+

A2- to Ledwiz output

13+ to 12vdc+

14 to strobe +

and strobe - (ground) directly to 12vdc-

so the opto-relay is just an on/off switch for the + positive wire to your strobe.

@thewool: this time I used cheaper "prolight RGB LEDs on star" for the flashers. No need for ultrabright crees due to the extra playfield flasherbar. I regulated the 150/350mA simply via resistors.

Hi Chris Awsome looking build top quality. I am going to go the backbox and playfield flashers looks great in the vids. When you say you regulated the leds with 150/350ma resistors are they wired in parallel and as a total at less than 500ma so that it stays below the ledwiz limit. Are they wired directly to the ledwiz or through an optocoupler circuit as was sugested to me in another thread so as not to burn the ledwiz.

Thanks

Hi Chris Awsome looking build top quality. I am going to go the backbox and playfield flashers looks great in the vids. When you say you regulated the leds with 150/350ma resistors are they wired in parallel and as a total at less than 500ma so that it stays below the ledwiz limit. Are they wired directly to the ledwiz or through an optocoupler circuit as was sugested to me in another thread so as not to burn the ledwiz.

Thanks

with this RGB-LED combo the LEDwiz runs way over the specification. I used 27ohm and 68ohm 10watt 10% resistors, which gives about 400mA on each LEDwiz output. Without a big heatsink on the LEDwiz driverchips and a placement directly in the "wind circulation" - I think my LEDwiz would burn.

IMO better use opto relays/high current driverboards or a really big heatsink and a good fan circulation around the LEDwiz.

thinking of adding some "more reflective" material on the inner playfield areas, to get more flasher and LCD reflections on the sides and the playfield backboard.

I think this effect makes the 2D VP playfield look more "pseudo 3D", especially due to LCD playfield refelections.

my favorites are so far the "black glossy carbon foil" and the "high gloss black foil". the "dark mirrorpolished metal sheet" is also very nice, but also very expensive :D

what do you think?

mir4.jpg

That might cool

Like these

http://www.pinballdecals.com/MirrorBladesPage.html

here is it installed

I helped a guy pick up a very nice Iron Man pinball machine over the weekend.

It had these mirror blades on it we both have a VP and were talking about how it would look.

I was wondering if you could just get a door mirror and cut it for the sides.

Maybe too much reflection?

Archived