Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Big Bang Pin - 46/30/15.6 LED Widebody (custom artwork, bezel less, deep playfield)

chriz99

Hi All,

I'm fresh on the forum, but already been reading a lot "in stealth mode" ;-)

first of all Chriz99, superb job on the build, to be honest, you are my inspiration to start one myself...

I'm now looking at building my own widebody cabinet (thanks mameman for the measurements of it). I would go for a 46" playfield, backbox with 30" and dmd screen (not yet clear for me what to use)

I already have a first question. on the build of maneman, the screen is on top. I do like the deeper playfield more, so I like your option chriz99. just looks more original, I might give it a small slope I think. (2 degrees or so)

But as normaly it is on top of the full width, did you make the cabinet a little wider chriz99 to keep it inside??

if there are more people of belgium, please don't hesitate to contact me, as I will need a lot of help on the PC and programming side... hardware of the cabinet build and other stuff will be ok to do...

for sure till later ;-)

ciao,

Shibbynator

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...I already have a first question. on the build of maneman, the screen is on top. I do like the deeper playfield more, so I like your option chriz99. just looks more original, I might give it a small slope I think. (2 degrees or so)

But as normaly it is on top of the full width, did you make the cabinet a little wider chriz99 to keep it inside??...r

hey Shibbynator, for original bally/williams widebody cabinet size you have to buy an UE46/UN46 series Samsung slimline LED TV. besides that, you need to route 2 slots sideways in the cab - to slide in the screen. I have posted some pics in this thread.

Yup, echo what Chris says on the screen. Dr who was flat on top like Chris sttng. Also checkout the BBB thread in my sig for the routed lower version for pics. You really need to run around 6 degrees for a good effect.

Hi All,

I'm fresh on the forum, but already been reading a lot "in stealth mode" ;-)

first of all Chriz99, superb job on the build, to be honest, you are my inspiration to start one myself...

I'm now looking at building my own widebody cabinet (thanks mameman for the measurements of it). I would go for a 46" playfield, backbox with 30" and dmd screen (not yet clear for me what to use)

I already have a first question. on the build of maneman, the screen is on top. I do like the deeper playfield more, so I like your option chriz99. just looks more original, I might give it a small slope I think. (2 degrees or so)

But as normaly it is on top of the full width, did you make the cabinet a little wider chriz99 to keep it inside??

if there are more people of belgium, please don't hesitate to contact me, as I will need a lot of help on the PC and programming side... hardware of the cabinet build and other stuff will be ok to do...

for sure till later ;-)

ciao,

Shibbynator

hey Shibbynator, for original bally/williams widebody cabinet size you have to buy an UE46/UN46 series Samsung slimline LED TV. besides that, you need to route 2 slots sideways in the cab - to slide in the screen. I have posted some pics in this thread.

Hi Chriz99.

this seems to be a rather expensive choice compared with several other LCD screens. What's the reason why this has to selected? size?

Another question your SSD of 64Gb, is this sufficient to run all tables and software?? or is extra HD space needed?

Yup, echo what Chris says on the screen. Dr who was flat on top like Chris sttng. Also checkout the BBB thread in my sig for the routed lower version for pics. You really need to run around 6 degrees for a good effect.

Hi Mameman, To be honest I was planning to make the playfield/screen lowered in the cabinet but still make it tilted on some degrees... :-)

Thought I would be the first to have this done ... euch NOT :-)))

Hi Chriz99.

this seems to be a rather expensive choice compared with several other LCD screens. What's the reason why this has to selected? size?

Another question your SSD of 64Gb, is this sufficient to run all tables and software?? or is extra HD space needed?

the reason for the UE46/UN46 was because no other confirmed LCD-TV fits "inside" a standard widebody cabinet.

64gb SSD is more than enough. I used a 32gb SSD before, but I love the faster speeds of the new 64gb one (100mb/s : 500mb/s)

Hello Shibbynator and welcome to the forums.

I'm from Belgium too, Charleroi to be precise, I'll start to mount my cabinet soon, I am just waiting the virtuapin parts (buttons and cabinet parts).

Would be glad to help, Chris help me A LOT already so I'm not a total beginner anymore :)

On pc and programming I can almost handle by myself, it is more the build of the cabinet itself that will cause me more problems.

We certainly can share our knowledge ;)

the reason for the UE46/UN46 was because no other confirmed LCD-TV fits "inside" a standard widebody cabinet.

how deep were the slots you made? did you use 18mm MDF?

Just one question how do you know the inside width of the TV without the plastic sides?

I'm from Belgium too, Charleroi to be precise, I'll start to mount my cabinet soon, I am just waiting the virtuapin parts (buttons and cabinet parts).

On pc and programming I can almost handle by myself, it is more the build of the cabinet itself that will cause me more problems.

We certainly can share our knowledge ;)

Hi Arngrim, nice to meet you, for sure we can share knowledge. I'll be glad to help on the cabinet side... where did you get your parts? did you buy them new?

how deep were the slots you made? did you use 18mm MDF?

I think the routing was 10mm deep, I used 19mm MDF

Just one question how do you know the inside width of the TV without the plastic sides?

thats the 1 mio $ question :D

It's simply try and error. buy a tv, decase it and measure the metalframe... and hope that it will fit :reddy: mameman found out that the UE/UN46 series fits like a champ :five:

Chris, what is the wire management solution you have called, it looks real slick.

you mean the cable canal?

25X25_mm_Slotted_4a95e20122fc8__47390_zoom.gif

it's called "slotted cable trunk". can be found on ebay or electronic stores.

Shibbynator,

Français or Vlaams ? ;)

I bought the cabinet and button parts from Virtuapin.net.

I'll go for a 40",32", and temporary a 15" until the real dot matrix project comes to his end :

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=17294&st=0

I'll design the cabinet with google sketchup, and send the dxf's to a shop near my home.

My biggest problem now, for the glass of the backbox, the trim of virtuapin.net will certainly be smaller than my 32", so I'm not sure how to handle this yet, I have to ask Mameman with his Big Bang Bar build.

I'll create a topic once the cabinet is built.

Angrim,

Français or Vlaams ? ;)

Vlaams, I'm from Kortrijk

I'll go for a 40",32", and temporary a 15" until the real dot matrix project comes to his end :

hard to find a 30" indeed, I was looking for a 32" too... where did you get that 15,6"?

My biggest problem now, for the glass of the backbox, the trim of virtuapin.net will certainly be smaller than my 32", so I'm not sure how to handle this yet, I have to ask Mameman with his Big Bang Bar build.

I was thinking to widen the backbox if I can't find a cheap 30". Should not be such a hard deal if you make the cabinet yourself. Even the glass is not a big issue, just search for a local glass worker ;) concering the trim, I'm sure there can be found a solution for that too...

you mean the cable canal?

25X25_mm_Slotted_4a95e20122fc8__47390_zoom.gif

it's called "slotted cable trunk". can be found on ebay or electronic stores.

Thanks! I really like how organizer your wiring is around the components. Will try this with a combination of the corrugated tube for long runs.

thats the 1 mio $ question :D

It's simply try and error. buy a tv, decase it and measure the metalframe... and hope that it will fit :reddy: mameman found out that the UE/UN46 series fits like a champ :five:

hey chriz, happy new year!

Are you sure that any of the UE/UN46 series fits? Even the cheaper ones from the 5000 series?

Bitbuster

Archived