Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Big Bang Pin - 46/30/15.6 LED Widebody (custom artwork, bezel less, deep playfield)

chriz99

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
painted today with a 2in1 primer+paint combo (black matte satin). I love the look and feel.

Sorry to revive this old topic, just spent the whole weekend going through these amazing build threads. Thanks for posting all this great information, very useful for a total beginner like me.

The paint job on this cabinet is astonishing. Very smooth surface. Did you use rollers? How many layers? Did you sand it after each? What paint brand did you use?

Thank you!

yes, I used a very good quality roller and a primer&paint combo (brand was "genius"), 2-3 layers, sanded a little bit between the layers. thats it :beer:

also the surface of MDF wood is very smooth and helps to get a nice and clean painting.

Hi Chris,

Quick question for you. I'm trying to build a similar setup as you and I'm curious how you setup your LED Wiz.

5 RGB Crees - 15 Outputs

8 Contactors - 8 Outputs

2 Flashers Playfield - ? Outputs

2 Flashers Bottom - ? Outputs

4 Flashers Backbox - ? Outputs

1 Gear/Wiper Motor - 1 Output

1 Shaker Motor - 1 Output

1 Original Pinball Knocker - 1 Output

2 Fans - 1 Output

5 Admin Buttons - 5 Outputs ??

4 Flipper RGB Buttons - 12 Outputs?

1 RGB Strip under cab - 3 Outputs?

... I'm either missing something, or you are using two LedWiz controllers right? I'd love to understand your setup a little better if you are just using 1 LEDWiz ... if that's okay with you...

Hello Chris,

I went through the thread again, but did not find what I was looking for. Please excuse me if it has been explained and I missed it, but I read you used illuminated flipper buttons for dedicated button colours. While I understand how to connect the electronics, I wonder how you set/configure the colours for the buttons to match the colours on the original cabinets?

Jaron

Hello Chris,

I went through the thread again, but did not find what I was looking for. Please excuse me if it has been explained and I missed it, but I read you used illuminated flipper buttons for dedicated button colours. While I understand how to connect the electronics, I wonder how you set/configure the colours for the buttons to match the colours on the original cabinets?

Jaron

If you use Pixel's LEDWiz config tool the button colors are already set in the table config's.

Bill

Hi Kronic,

is it the idea to use all separate?

From my side I'm doing this :

1> all flashers on 1 output (I only have 4 and use ledwiz booster board)

2> fans directly on psu so they are always on, no need to get this controlled I think

3> flipper RGB + RGB cab strip on 3 outputs (again on ledwiz booster board)

4> I only control 2 admin buttons, the remaining are directly on psu also to have them always on

I also have 5 RGB leds, 8 contacts, gear motor, shaker motor and replay knocker.

ledwiz board is full but no need to have a second one...

hope it could help a bit...

Hi Chris,

Quick question for you. I'm trying to build a similar setup as you and I'm curious how you setup your LED Wiz.

5 RGB Crees - 15 Outputs

8 Contactors - 8 Outputs

2 Flashers Playfield - ? Outputs

2 Flashers Bottom - ? Outputs

4 Flashers Backbox - ? Outputs

1 Gear/Wiper Motor - 1 Output

1 Shaker Motor - 1 Output

1 Original Pinball Knocker - 1 Output

2 Fans - 1 Output

5 Admin Buttons - 5 Outputs ??

4 Flipper RGB Buttons - 12 Outputs?

1 RGB Strip under cab - 3 Outputs?

... I'm either missing something, or you are using two LedWiz controllers right? I'd love to understand your setup a little better if you are just using 1 LEDWiz ... if that's okay with you...

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the tip. That was certainly a help. However, I have 2 questions for you.

1) There was only one input for the stroboscope section, so are you then combining all strobes in parallel? (2 under cab, 2 in play field, 4 on top of backbox)

2) You had the awesome idea to add Fans behind your speakers for certain games that use this (whirlwind, ect...). Are you no longer using them, or did you find a way to fire that off without using the LEDWiz?

Thanks so much... after 74 pages of this forum I'm sure you are done answering questions :)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys, I didn't find to the time to finish my project yet. So I couldn't test out the cheaper Samsung LCD TVs. But now I have almost all parts together except the TV. When I was shopping around for the D6200 model I stumbled across the new "E"-Series from Samsung, especially the UE46ES6300. Could this be the sucessor to the D6200? Since they are about the same price I would rather go for the new model..

Hello Chris,

thank you very much for the inspiring documentation of this great cab.

May I ask one question: I'm preparing to build my own cab so I have bought the Teufel soundsystem C 200 USB and doing some testing. Now every time I'm switching off the power and restarting the system the Teufel system is in standby mode. I have to press one of the two power buttons of the system. Have you had the same problem? Have you solved this problem?

A solution is to get the remote control of the soundsystem with one of the two power buttons to the outside of my cab but this is not my preferred solution.

Best regards, Stefan.

hey stefan,

yes, thats a little problem with the teufel C series. you have to press the ON button after switching the power off/on. It's no prob for me because the sub is located at the front, so I can easily press the ON button. alternatively you can tape down the ON button with strong self adhesive tape. I have tested it and it works like a charm, but I have no idea if this "hurts" the electronic of the subwoofer board (in the long term).

hey stefan,

yes, thats a little problem with the teufel C series. you have to press the ON button after switching the power off/on. It's no prob for me because the sub is located at the front, so I can easily press the ON button. alternatively you can tape down the ON button with strong self adhesive tape. I have tested it and it works like a charm, but I have no idea if this "hurts" the electronic of the subwoofer board (in the long term).

Hello Chris,

thank you for your answer. I think i will install another power-on button at the inside of the front of my cab and place the sound remote control near this button.

May I ask another question: Introducing you have written about new playfield and backbox glasses. Safety glasses. Are these glasses coated ("entspiegelt")? Where have you ordered your glasses?

There are some nice offers at the internet for safety glass ("ESG" glass) but it is not coated. So I'm thinking about the playfield glass. Is a standard pinball playfield glass coated or is it not? What do you think? Any experience?

Best regards, Stefan.

Archived