Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

HyperSpin 1.5.1 Public Release

fr0stbyt3

2 hours ago, adamg said:

Did this fix the HyperHQ crashing in Windows 10 by chance?

And since you guy have the source code open and what not, think it would be possible to fix the joystick issue?

Yes, it fixes all win10 crash issues that I know of. However, we have not addressed joystick issues in this build. Our primary focus is on future efforts.

• Like 2

Yes, it fixes all win10 crash issues that I know of. However, we have not addressed joystick issues in this build. Our primary focus is on future efforts.

Is there a chance that the pointer can be animated as well for the future?

Just a thought .... very happy with the options of having animated wheels now and what the community can come up with thanks again!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Krakerman said:

Is there a chance that the pointer can be animated as well for the future?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure we can do that. I'll ask bill about it later today.

• Like 1

Hi.  So just to be very clear, if a person already has an install of HS, all that's needed is to replace the existing .exe's with these new .exe's in the same locations? And nothing else is affected and nothing else needs to be modified or tweaked?

Just now, stampedem said:

Hi.  So just to be very clear, if a person already has an install of HS, all that's needed is to replace the existing .exe's with these new .exe's in the same locations? And nothing else is affected and nothing else needs to be modified or tweaked?

That is correct

• Like 2

Very nice & glad it was just a copy & paste over my old Hyperspin.exe as i wouldn't know how to start again from scratch as it took me months last time. I wasn't having any problems so it must be related to what brand of pc your using. THANKS

3 minutes ago, Agard said:

Very nice & glad it was just a copy & paste over my old Hyperspin.exe as i wouldn't know how to start again from scratch as it took me months last time. I wasn't having any problems so it must be related to what brand of pc your using. THANKS

It's not a brand issue. It's a windows version issue. Tomorrow Windows  version1803 will be available via windows update. 

So no 16:9 support! Let me guess, it's coming soon...it's been coming since 2011 at least! Still nothing. At least it works again with the new windows update and someone thought it would be a good idea to animate wheels (a feature no one ever asked for). Only 20,000 wheels to be animated.

Admin note: Don't be an ass

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Super Like 1

39 minutes ago, Styphelus said:

So no 16:9 support! Let me guess, it's coming soon...it's been coming since 2011 at least! Still nothing. At least it works again with the new windows update and someone thought it would be a good idea to animate wheels (a feature no one ever asked for). Only 20,000 wheels to be animated.

Another positive happy post. Nice.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Yeah, i agree with @Styphelus, but i think can be difficult to implement this option, yes this would come very handy, most wanting or not is an update that we have not for years, giving almost a new life to hyperspin.

Still waiting for 16x9 support:morning2:

• Super Like 1

I completely understand where you're coming from as far as release info and updates. We are actively working and plan future releases. But it'll be released when it's ready. 

This release was to show that we are still here, and do still care. I get how some of you are feeling. I know that this process has been frustrating. All I can say is that I started working with the team because I want to see these updates too. We are moving forward. I hope that all of you give it a shot when we're there.

In the meantime, let's please keep this thread on topic. 

• Like 5
  • Super Like 2

I was wandering what happened to Avar? He seemed like the spokesman for HS getting everyone pumped and excited and then one day was MIA never to be heard from again. Always thought that was very strange and odd.

Anyways ... looking forward to the future and time to get busy back on my HS setup haha

Hey guys! continues with HyperSpin 1.5.1 executable error in Windows 10 update 1803, HyperHQ and HyperTheme are normal my version of W10 64Bits. Sorry english

Are you saying with 1.5.1 that it is working? 

If so yes should be make sure your on the 1803 update of Win 10 first before updating HyperSpin.

• Like 1

I downloaded HyperSpin.exe 1.5.1 copied and pasted it did not work, my case had to delete HyperSpin.exe after I ran the application, thanks Support
Thanks. Has anybody else ran into this problem? If so I'll add it to the first post.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Maybe to put ease to release woes, as you are developing you could take screenshots or announce features that you are working on? That way it keeps interest, the stuff doesn’t even have to be complete just something like started liking into wide screen capability, ran into x issue is exciting at least for me lol. Just better than radio silence. Happy bill is still around

• Like 2

• Circo featured this topic

I have a long term setup in Hyperspin (and added 3 new systems in the last months which I'll show in my thread in the next days), you guys fixed a issue I didn't even have so far, but since Windows will be updated soon, it's already fixed, so thanks for that.

It's understandable that people want wide-screen and native controller support, I want it too. But since the beginning, I noticed that Hyperspin wasn't a plug & play frontend that scrapes info and you're done, much of the work is behind the scenes with RocketLauncher (which also is a manual config process and a learning curve just like Hyperspin was to me, and even this manager sometimes runs into issues from one update to another).

Hyperspin is old and it's solid, you click on it and it opens right away, my setup is prettier and cooler now than ever, I basically handcrafted all my themes the way I wanted them.

If new stuff is coming with more features, it's nice, otherwise, just keep it working like you guys did with the last fix and I believe a lot of people, like me, that has a solid setup with everything working will be satisfied and happy with this beauty we know and love, Hyperspin. 

Thank you guys, from Hyperspin community, RocketLauncher devs, Circo and Emumovies community and a lot of other cool guys from Launchbox and all over the internet, a childhood dream fulfilled, that's for sure.

I just hope my HDD don't die any time soon because I don't have a 5TB spare HDD for backup.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1
  • Super Like 1

Yep I agree as you guys know im a massive fan of hyperspin and have met some great people while being involved in the community. I think that hyperspin 2.0 will obviously be great but personally I would be more than happy with an easy theme conversion option from 4:3 to 16:9 which seems a bit laborious at the moment, and a tweak so that hypertheme could display and edit both 4:3 and 16:9 (damn hypertheme is a superb little util :-)). Joystick menu support would be cool for people that said I have my navigation sorted via joy2key. I am extremely happy with my setup and would really hope that even with a new release that this version is supported and added to, just little tweaks really.

Its solid and a superb frontend, yes there was a steep learning curve but once you get to grips with it the rewards are worth it.

Keep up the great work guys,

Fire10

• Like 5